Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> LOB - Left On Base   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The request above is the way most MLB boxscores are. I like them the way they are here better. It's nice to be able to look at every player's line. The funny thing is I like it the other way when looking at the opposition, mainly because if they hit a homer I can see if they are a slugger by seeing their HR total for the season.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Love the upgrades! The authenticity of the box scores is getting much better!
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, are you going to implement game logs sometime?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Please explain what you mean by game logs?

Are you talking about individual player performance on a game by game basis?

Steve
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
that's what I meant Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In terms of individual player game logs, I've looked into implementing it before. But to maintain it over any length of time, makes the database grow exponentially.

In terms of box score format for extra base hits, I think we'll probably stick with all columns. Some people like it one way, other prefer the other way -- its mostly a matter of personal preference.

Steve

Updated Friday, November 7 2014 @ 1:22:17 pm PST
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey I know this may not work but for the box score would it be possible for each manager to choose which way they want it (all columns vs summary)? For example, in the profile section you could add a short drop down menu like the one for the skin of the website. I know this is more complicated than the skin, but just an idea.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The problem is the box scores are currently being created and stored in one format at the time the game is simulated. In order to support both formats, I'd have to generate two different complete box scores.

Additionally box scores are one of the real drivers of the DB size. So that size would double.

Steve
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea I was kinda wondering that as I posted it. I wasn't for sure if it would have to generate two separate files or not.

Previous Page | Show All |