Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Day: This is Halloween   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen a pot 17, once

Updated Saturday, November 1 2014 @ 12:00:00 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Draft Day Halloween was most definitely a trick, not a treat. Nothing even close to a keeper. From what I've read in previous posts, the beginning of the year is supposed to be better, right? If that's the case, all I can say is boo.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Steve's in a league of his own

I sometimes wonder if he's happy out there. Didn't really get the reasons why he left the general population. Perception of conflict of interest?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know what you mean Seca. I've had that thought myself. I don't see any conflict of interest.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Id like to see steve join gen-pop as well. Would be fun to go up against in cup.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He might be using it as a test area. His own little experiment, modifies the game engine and sees the outcome.

Then again he just might be a huge UCLA fan and likes sticking it to USC.

Updated Saturday, November 1 2014 @ 7:06:55 pm PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
AFAIK, there are still the San Francisco Eagles, so I wouldn't worry too much about Steve. But obviously, "admin" can't be just one of the general population, and there has to be an area for testing.
I actually landed my first 15 pot, in my sixth season of playing. http://brokenbat.org/player/97277 Comparing the scouting reports, the decision was a no-brainer, although he's the second middle infielder this season, in a minors system already packed with infielders. Well, the ones left now should all hit well enough that whoever is the worst in fielding could move to the outfield.
I just hope that the reduction of pool sizes doesn't mean that there is less good talent in there, as well. In my first two drafts, there was exactly one player each that was worth looking at, and both were good. But whoever gets what is left of those two drafts (and with the pool size now, we very soon will), will hardly have much fun with it.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah. I'd suspected Solona Steve was Admin Steve, but was never 100% sure.

Nice pull. If "Really Quick" was "Amazing in the Field" he'd be pretty much bullet proof.

I don't know. I've seen more 15 potential guys this year than either of the other two seasons I've played. Just picked one up off of waiver this morning as a matter of fact. I imagine the pools are proportionally smaller, but the percentages are the same as far as talent. We're still all pulling five at a time, so maybe we just see a larger percentage of the pool earlier than in past seasons?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you guys get some of the best players in BB? Is it luck?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the draft is luck for the most part. The 15 potential 1b I drafted two weeks ago didn't have a very impressive scouting report, so I might have missed him if there was a 12 potential guy with great hitter and prolific slugger. Just happened to that he was the best of the five.

As far as free agency, I go through a ton of players every week to find the handful that would be upgrades for me. I'm at the point where very good 14's and 15's are the only upgrades over guys I have on in my minors.

Previous Page | Show All |