Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Unloved teams...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope, there is at least one more. Though I only know this because I'm playing them in my next spring training series.
http://brokenbat.org/history/452
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The history of team ownership doesn't go back to the inaugural year (it was implanted in the history records only 7-8 seasons ago). So all those teams may have had owners at one time or another.

Teams with lousy finances have a tough time finding new ownership.

Steve
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah... I see.

Interesting you should say that, and not sure if this might be a bug or not, but I wondered what sort of shape Charlotte are in financially and they're not in the pick-list of available teams... Can't be because they've recently been bankrupt can it, as they've been bot-managed for years? Don't know if other teams might be affected.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
... and Charlotte will be owned, because as soon as I have gone as far as I can with Raleigh, I will take them over. The reason I chose Raleigh was because Charlotte wasn't on the drop down list when I was looking through available NC teams. This is all premised on someone else not taking them over and sticking with them before I finish my Raleigh run.
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well good luck with that - you clearly like a challenge! ;o)

I'm wondering if the reason they're not in the drop down is because they're in debt but avoiding bankruptcy; and therefore automatically having their debts wiped. A "poor" team's one thing, but I doubt Steve would want a new player starting with a negative balance. Given their average home gate seems to be about 4k fans it's possible, but I would have thought having been bot-managed for so long they'd have crawled out of the red by now through taking every available cost-saving measure. Sounds from the manual like that's the primary directive of a computer-controlled team.

Anyway, good luck if you decide they're the team for you - look forward to seeing you in VI.29!

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Charlotte is underwater. They will cut salary and either become economically viable or go through bankruptcy. Either way they will eventually become available.

Steve
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are also the teams which DO have owners, but are pretty much neglected.

http://brokenbat.org/team/20

The Cy Young-caliber starting rotation of Eduardo Carrillo (74 SI), Ricardo Aquirre (65 SI), Unas Signed (??? SI), Sebastiaan van der Scheer (64 SI), and Manuel Alvarez (63 SI) gives them an amazing chance of winning the division.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My minor leaguers somehow lost to that team, that is why I don't like spring training.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Word has it Unas Signed is a former East German Olympic medal winner in men's shot-put. Strong as an ox, and a handsome woman from what I hear :P
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And it is officially bankrupt. Let's see what happens now.

Previous Page | Show All |