Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Dilema   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
sssoooo.....have a solid major roster and a great minor roster.Problem is I'm at the max. 50 and need to free up some spaces but can't pull the trigger on any.If someone,anyone waants to look my roster/minors over and see if they would change something,please do.Otherwise I'm gonna spend the next week banging my head to make room for the draft pick lol.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Weren't you just complaining about not being about to win any waivers...?

I'd drop Cruz and Bonilla. They both look like they have one foot in the grave.

I suspect all of your 33+ players are going to disappoint you. I'm starting off in league 5 too, so I've dropped most of my old dudes for future shots.

Updated Sunday, October 19 2014 @ 1:11:03 am PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's what I see...

You have the capability to carry 17 hitters and 13 pitchers on your minor league roster but are only required to carry 13 hitters and 9 pitchers. So if there are major leaguers that you aren't going to play or play very little, you can make some room there.

After a quick look through your major league roster I definitely think you have some pitchers that could get the heave ho based on current ability compared to upside. Some of those guys are going to get hit hard and aren't going to improve too much. That said, I know quality pitching is very hard to pick up for everybody.

I would think with some careful consideration you could free up some spots by going with a couple less hitters and a couple less pitchers depending on how you want to set things up.

Now for the minors, the big problem I see is that since you have 30 major leaguers that means you have 20 minor leaguers. Of those 20 minor leaguers, you have 15 hitters and only 5 pitchers (all 5 are A or Rookie level so they are seasons away from the big club). Steve suggests that you should have more even split of hitters and pitchers in the minor leagues. So if you have 20 minor leaguers, a better split would be 10 hitters and 10 pitchers give or take. With drafts you can probably get that a little closer to that kind of split. I think it is also important to develop pitchers because really good ones are so hard to pick up through free agency/waivers. Look for players with positive scouting reports and 'very good potential' tend to be the best prospects.

All that said, you are new and enjoying the game...keep enjoying it. Over time but rather quickly, you will get a handle on what you are looking for and then it is a matter of it taking time to build a winning club.

Best of Luck!

Previous Page | Show All |