Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Year End Awards   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How did you do in the Year End Awards?

One of my guys came in 5th for Cy Young. Another came in 2nd for Rookie Pitcher of the Year.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Rookie pitcher of the year and #2 rookie pitcher. The rookie of the year was 3rd in the Cy Young voting and another starter was 5th. 3 gold gloves. Nobody made all league even though my SS was 2nd in HR's and was the All-Star SS. Not bad all-in-all, but it is a VI league. Probably don't have as many mantle-pieces next season.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cy young, all league pitcher and catcher, and gold glove pitcher and 3b. Feel like I got hosed on ROY. I think I lost out because my guy played in 24 less games. Oh well. Guys finishing 2nd and third in the category makes me excited for the future.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
MVP, Rookie Pitcher of the Year (along with 2nd and 3rd, no players from other teams received votes in my league), 2nd and 3rd in Cy Young, 3rd in Rookie of the Year, All-League Pitcher, Catcher, LF, and DH. Gold Glove LF.

The defense will be the focus of the cuts this off-season as one gold glove at this level just won't cut it as I move up.

Updated Sunday, October 12 2014 @ 4:59:56 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The one I was most pleased about was team Captain Paredes finally winning a gold glove (a 15-13-15 3B).

We had pitchers finish 1-2 in Cy Young voting. A little relieved the older, lower skilled player won. Hardy's contracts are going to mushroom-cloud soon enough anyway - doesn't need a major award in his first full season.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My catcher, Curtis Carr, came in 3rd for ROY.
Pitcher, Doug Pierce, came 1st in RPOY.
Louis Russo, my closer, was all-league pitcher.
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1B got a gold glove and 3B made all league and 5th in mvp.

Pretty cool though I got rookie of the year and rookie pitcher of the year. Big thanks to Newt for pointing out I should throw Ayers out there more, only reason he was rookie pitcher of the year was that advice.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My pitcher Kelly won his 3rd Legends Cy Young. Only problem is that he shouldn't have. I think there were probably 4 or 5 pitchers that should have won it before him. In my opinion, the top two pitchers were Orlando's Tapia and Izzo, and neither even made top 5 in voting.
pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My 3B won the Golden Glove. Other than that my team sucked a lot.
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As it's been previously most of the attention went to my pitching finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Cy young voting. Also had a few votes for MVP, finished 5th. And 3rd place rookie player of the year.

Had 2 starting pitchers, a closer and my SS receive all league honors, while my 5th place MVP vote getting RF also received a gold glove.

Hopefully more of my players will receive gold gloves next year as I put a lot of time trying to field a defensive sound team with great pitching. The pitching showing off with the Cy young votes.

Previous Page | Show All |