Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Goals For 2020 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seca, sorry to correct you, but maintaining seats costs $20 per upgrade, $200 per season. So the ideal ballpark size would be sold out 13 times per season, not 1.3 times. Still, that's not a whole lot compared to about 90 home games, so I would agree that many ballparks here are unreasonably small.
Ah, sorry, I just saw that you were talking per week. But since ballpark cost is also charged during the offseason and spring training, I find it more reasonable to calculate by season.

Updated Thursday, October 9 2014 @ 1:17:44 am PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Go to III.3 and make it four in a row
Coach Tate McCoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My main man Vince missed out on his fourth straight Cy Young by one vote! I think average let him down.

The goal is to win it back next year.

Cheers.
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Retire a lot of oldies, and cash in a lot of money for rebuild. Will do a lot of trips for young talent. No high expectations for this team yet.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll have to make some quick decisions this season... clearly luxury problems, but interesting.
In the last two seasons, I was lucky enough to snag two high-power players as stopgaps for positions where my youngsters weren't quite there yet. They brought some much-appreciated heavy lumber to my lineup, both OPSing in the upper 900s last season. At 32, they are now heading into the decline stage, but with the versatility that their experience brings along, they could still be great backups for the next season or three. Unfortunately, although I cut down on their playing time after I was out of contention, their contracts downright exploded this year, and together, they are making more money than some competitors' complete lineups... In principle, reserves are in the bank, and even with the franchise fees, I wouldn't mind investing in power hitting, but I don't want to spend more than 18 million on a utility infielder and a backup catcher. That leaves me with the choice of forcing them into the lineup at the expense of players in need of experience or of better defenders - or I could get rid of these luxuries asap.
For the moment, I'll wait for how much the franchise fees will affect me and how the season starts. As long as I'm in the middle of the league, anyway, the two will never improve my game enough to draw the audiences that would pay for their contracts. On the other hand, if I'm in contention or even in danger of demotion, +/-.200 OPS in two positions in the lineup might be dearly missed...
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the 2019 season I knew that my team would have been relegated to V division because I fired a lot of good but expensive players in order to stop the finances that were go down.
I also reduced the seats of the ballpark to 15,000 and in all games it was always sold out.
Now finances are starting to increase a bit and I think I'll add other 500 seats this season hoping to get more cash in home games. But maybe I should add more seats than 500..I don't know what you guys think about it..all tips are welcome.
My goal is to,well....stay in the V division at least...
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have the ideal number of seats at the break-even point when you sell out 13 of your roughly 90 home games per season. If you sell out every game, your ballpark is much too small.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yep indeed
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well my team will look much different now with McCarty retired. Figured I didn't need to start a thread for this, but this was the closest one I could find to the issue. The copy and pasted press release if anyone is interested:

Mark "Mr. Dynasty" McCarty retired today never having been part of a true dynasty that his nickname would suggest, however that was less due to him than the lack of talent around him until very late in his career. As plotted, he retired with less than 1000 career strikeouts, finishing with 996. His final career 469 HRs placed him 6th all-time upon retirement. His 1400 career runs, 1608 RBIs, 2361 hits, 497 doubles, and 1122 walks were a testament to his all-around performance at the plate. Having played over 2000 games at catcher he proved that offense could be provided from a premium defensive position. Although all his average numbers went down due to his final season, he still finished his career .275/.362/.523/.886.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Godspeed Mr. Dynasty.

Previous Page | Show All |