Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> training and league level   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
is it a consensus that to get the best result for each training cycle is to have the player at the right level?because i've seen a fewe teams that have players in the majors that it says are a little over matched yet they are producing well and their s.i. score is pretty high.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Player SI rating is effected by training, experience and age. You may play developing players in the majors to gain playing experience but it is important that they are assigned to the appropriate level when training takes place on Friday; else they may miss out on the rating increase due to training.

At least this is my understanding.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is certainly not a consensus, but I try to keep it that way. Just posted why in another thread, and before that a few days ago. Skills develop from a combination of training (mostly in the minors) and experience (mostly in the majors).
Keeping a player in the majors for too long before he's ready may mean he never gets the training he needs to reach his potential. Letting minors players get some major league experience in games of lower importance may occasionally make sense though. (I do that at the moment, as I am both far away from a promotion and a demotion this season.) If they already have some experience by the time they are major league ready, they will already be at a higher SI level, making their transition into regular playing roles easier. However, one should be sure that they have enough time in the minors left to get enough training, so I now usually pick players that are ahead of the curve, e.g. AAA players unter 24 or AA players under 23.

Previous Page | Show All |