Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Where do you guys mostly draft from? I've had trouble finding good prospects to keep.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I actually choose from all prospects most weeks. I don't care where a guy comes from or how long he will be in my minors, I only care about top end potential and that can come from any pool.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wary of Asian postings b/c those guys seem a little more likely to get "stuck" in the low minors. I don't like having a 24 yr playing Rookie ball buying liquor for all the teenagers. Its bad for development.

Wouldn't surprise me if established teams only keep 1-2 of there own pulls per season. If your minors are all 13s-14s, takes a pretty decent pull to be more than a side-grade.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this year's draft based more on luck?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably no more or less than any other year. When it's all tallied up, I got about the same group of prospects from this years draft as last years. One 14 potential guy and two 13's. The rest were 12 on down and were cut. Last year was the same, one 14 and two 13's with the rest cut.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Why do Asian prospects get put in the lower end of the minors when they are 22-23?

Why do the Asian prospects train slower than the other prospects?
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not that they are low in potential or has very low skills.

It's that they are more likely to have low diversity in talent when they are easily depleted in numbers unlike the US players or the Latin-Americans
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've drafted a couple of times from asian pools, but i've never found a decent player.

I usually draft from college and from latin academy. Now that i've more guys ready to refill major roster, i'll probably switch from college to high school.

Updated Tuesday, October 21 2014 @ 11:09:16 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |