Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Day 9/12/14   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
arsenalgunners

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Went Latin today, got a 16 year old pitcher with bad potential. Thinking about cutting him.
http://brokenbat.org/player/94750
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Couldn't figure out who I should cut in order to draft someone, so I didn't cut anyone. Training continues to roll along.
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gotta love the scouting report on this guy.

Only problem is with those 3 superlatives and only 13 potential, it looks like he'll end up being a low PD guy. Hopefully my training preference will help him out with that though.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Might start following the newtman plan here soon if I keep getting these terrible drafts :)
arsenalgunners

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
newtman plan?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just stop picking players :)
Optics

Santa Monica Carp
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I dunno. I don't think "only" and "13 potential" go together. I must be unlucky.

My new player got sent to the seat at the end of the bench. You know, the one with the giant springs under it.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't say that my "plan" is to not draft too often considering this is the first draft that I am skipping in 3 seasons. Considering everyone in my system is either 13 potential or above, is a key performer on my major league squad, or is in my "trial" stage (getting major league experience to see if they can be skilled enough to keep) and this is the week 6 draft with many of the best players already off the board this season, I'm just letting things play out for a couple weeks.

Patience is key in my opinion to getting the late bloomers to hit their max. League VI allows for that patience you can't have in the top tiers. :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm all 13 plus too. One 14 potential draft pick a season would be enough for me. A 15 would stop me grousing for good :)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My best hitter on my big club, Jack Esposito, has only 12 bars. Yes he has weaknesses (9 bc, 7 power,7 arm, sub 100si) but his strengths are in the right spots. I think it would be a shame had someone not developed him but I also think it's probable that I would not develop him today. But 18 hitting 18 pd 13 fielding 13 range allow me to use him at 1B in the leadoff spot. He hits over .300 with obp over .400 and ops about .900 and has over 20 steals with only 11 speed and no he doesn't get caught stealing very often. At 27 years old he's far from done. Not sure if he is an oddity or if I took over the team at the right time for him or what my real point is but he definitely doesn't fit the mold of a top prospect but he is the real deal.

Previous Page | Show All |