Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Over performing players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Even in RL, players aren't always consistent thru out their career , whether good or bad. He is having a great season and wasn't too bad last season either
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holmes I only picked him up because when I got this team it had no talent in the farm (my back up 1st baseman and catcher were the two of the three that had notable talent to give you an idea) and most roster players were 32+ and not very talented themselves. I figured grab a bunch of 25 and 26 year old players from FA that could grow a bit to run the team until I can get some prospects to replace them. He was one of the better players I grabbed. I'm just trying to understand how he is pitching so well.

Edit: And thanks for the replies. You guys are helpful.

Updated Tuesday, September 9 2014 @ 12:27:18 am PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, he's given you two good seasons followed by two excellent ones, so obviously you have been proven right. ;-)
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sorry, double posting due to incompetence in using back button. Deleted.

Updated Tuesday, September 9 2014 @ 2:08:56 am PDT
Yakutat

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/41827

Picked him up when team first went into the black just to be able to throw someone out there. -- When i started I released a bunch of guys not knowing that i couldn't sign anybody if i was in the red (and boy was the team in the red).

somehow become a dominate reliever even in what i would generally consider to be hitter's leagues.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

Fischer isn't exception in anything, but has above average skill levels in all five pitching skills.

Steve

Indeed, he's an exception in such he's got an SI of just 90 even tho his potential is 14
And since he was not left out of a roster for more than a few weeks, and he played his share of Major League innings over the past few seasos, I wonder why he's a case of Arrested Development.

Or, .maybe that's not the case.
May be that he developed, almost to his full potential, but the SI is lying.
There's something in the rules about SI missing by a 20% factor. Add 2 more points to each of his skills, and he's a 100+ player.
In such case his production is just fair.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's never been in free agency very long, but he's been there three times, adding up to more than half a season. Besides, we don't know if his previous teams kept him on the proper minor league level.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think it's as much that he's doing well. It appears the batters are doing poorly. The team leading your division has one guy hitting .286 that's leading the team. The division as a whole has a lot of guys hitting .230 or less. You're also near the top defensively. I wouldn't be asking why this guy is so good. I'd be asking why more of your guys aren't that good.
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ladies and germs, I present to you...

http://brokenbat.org/player/49917
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see your pitcher, bacon, and raise you http://brokenbat.org/player/71419. I truly wish his training wasn't messed up by my previous owners.

Previous Page | Show All |