Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What does everyone think   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
what does everyone else use when deciding to set their management for hit and runs?I think myself that hit,bat control and plate disipline are the 3.I decided anything over 40 total between the 3 is a ++ for my players.Am I right or wrong?(example my one player is 13,13,15)
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For hit/ run, don't forget that the runner(s) on base should have some speed and base running settings should be appropriately set

They should also bat before your hit/run batters

Updated Monday, September 8 2014 @ 8:46:19 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't use it much for the reason Gizmo stated. I would want to be comforatble with both of the potential baserunners ahead of the H&R batter straight stealing. Not many places in my batting order where that's true.

I wouldn't put much value in PD (for H&R). In real life, when the hit & run is on you have to put the ball in play. Recognizing the pitch is a ball doesn't help the baserunner much (ok, 3-X counts).

For me it would be BC > hit >> PD, and I would be looking at season stats to see how often the guy actually strikes out.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like an aggressive offense and have most of my guys set to hit and run. It's really about creating hitting opportunities and pressuring the defense for me. I don't do it expecting outs. Yes sometimes guys get thrown out but my steal success rate is well above the break even point of 67% but I have a 19 guy picking up a bunch of steals. I even have a guy with 6 speed with 2 steals and no times caught due to hit and running.
Conversely, I am not a fan of bunting nearly as much. I prefer not to take the bat out of most my guys hands and giving away an out.
It's just the way I approach it.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have it set in my line up,or I should say I was lucky enough to get some nice players,to where I have 3 nice hit and run spots in my line-up.I also play my ofense fairly aggresively.Anyone 9 spd and up is + or ++.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wait a minute - if I remember Steve's reply in a different thread correctly, the "Hit and Run" setting refers to the players who's batting, not to the one who's running.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Conversely, I am not a fan of bunting nearly as much.

I was anti-bunt. I've changed my tune.

When I started out I (wrongly) assumed all bunts were intended as sacrifices. I was horrified when guys would come up with 1 out and a runner on and give up the second out. I set everyone on my team to "X".

Eventually I brought in a new player and forgot to change his settings. He came up with the bases loaded and ... legged out a squeeze. The crowd gasped. My field manager soiled himself. I had to pick my jaw up off my desk.

So now I know those guys bunting with a runner on and 1 out are trying to get a hit. I treat bunting the same way I treat stealing. If a guy is good at it (ie., could potentially bunt for a base hit; high BC, decent speed) he gets the green light.

That said, I'm last in my division for bunts attempted. :) Even the "++" guys prefer to swing away most of the time.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
True
The hit/run setting is for batters only

Previous Page | Show All |