Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The Unofficial Broken Bat Prospect thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You need to convert him to OF. Lefties get major penalties in the game engine as 2b,3b, and ss.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, lefties get minor penalties at 2B, SS, and 3B. Don't overstate the penalty.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Norwalk's top five minor league prospects

1) 3B Javon Mitchell AA - Somehow snuck through waivers when free agency reopened in the spring to find himself in Norwalk. Should bring speed and power to the team for next season.

2) OF César Leyva A - My first "good" draft pick, César brings speed on offense and range on defense. Should end up a reliable hitter with some power in the middle of the lineup.

3) 1B Harry Peterson Rookie - This left-handed first baseman has all the makings of an offensive machine, but at 17 he still has miles to go.

4) P Andrés Oliva AAA - Andrés takes over for the recently promoted Andre Ellison as the top pitching prospect for our AAA affiliate. An all-around solid talent, this righty just needs to keep improving (namely tightening up his control), and he'll hold down a spot in the starting rotation for years to come.

5) OF Yukio Kokawa AAA - This rangy outfielder is blessed with a quick bat and a cannon for an arm. By next season, he should take his rightful place as a dependable hitter in the lineup and as a stopper in the outfield.

Updated Saturday, August 23 2014 @ 9:31:07 am PDT

Updated Saturday, August 23 2014 @ 9:31:46 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Norwalk's next five prospects:

6) 3B Matías Muñoz A - Dripping with talent, Matías remains a bit of a mystery. He definitely falls under the heading of "wait and see".

7) C Juan Huerta Rookie - Another talented youngster, Jaun should be a standout behind the plate whenever he makes it to the bigs.

8) P "Blackjack" Woodward A - Ralph is a solid right-handed pitching prospect who should be an equally solid starter in the top half of the rotation when he gets called up.

9) 2B Jesse O'Brien AA - Jesse is a player that exemplifies the type of player that will be Norwalk's calling card in years to come. A great hitter with power, speed and a great defensive skill-set.

10) SS Marcos Escamilla Rookie - Sneaking in ahead of some promising pitching prospects, Escamilla is a bit of a sleeper. The best draft pick in an otherwise forgettable season, Marco will hopefully be able to fill the do everything role currently being filled in the majors by Don McClure. Escamilla should ultimitely settle in as the top OF backup and valuable lefty platoon hitter.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Newman

Is there anything that can be done about the large amount of left-handed shortstop, 3rd baseman and 2nd baseman?

90% of prospects at those position are right handed. Playing a left handed player at those position has a significant defensive penalty. However, if people choose to play lefties at those position, I can't really do a lot to stop them. It's probably not helping them though.

Steve

From the Potential Changes for 2019 Season thread in discussion forum.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sergio Zarate

This young and motivated Mexican player comes to our team to develop his natural skills. The scout told us he has the best potential ever for the club.

"The thing with this boy is that he is only 16 years old, he can learn almost everything and still be young when he would be ready for the big team. Maybe in six, seven years and with only 23 years he could be possibly getting there [the big team]."
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Will post my prospects at end of season.

Updated Thursday, September 11 2014 @ 3:50:59 pm PDT
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fairly new to Broken Bat - may be a dumb question, but I drafted an infielder with a potential of 15/20. I don't see many of these. How good could can this player become, and how long should he wait in the minors before he can play on the big league club?

http://brokenbat.org/player/94672
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has said maximum training occurs at the recommended level. So its probably a few seasons b/f T-Bone makes the majors.

He could be very good. A little concern I would have is that his current hitting (6) is kinda far from his scouted potential ("great" - suggesting something in the 17-20 range). He might have a bit of trouble reaching his potential in that stat. Maybe not. :)
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't worry about that Stat making it. He looks like he is going to be an absolute stud. Don't rush him and definitely convert him to a ss. I'd guess he is going to take the rest of this season and two more before he is big league ready, but when he is ready that is going to be a superstar.

Previous Page | Show All |