Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2019 Cup, Joy and cry over   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hm...lost game one 5 to 1. Not a good sign when my #2 pitcher gives up 4..hopefully the next 2 get it in line with eras of 2.91 and 1.94
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
won the 2nd but then my bullpen gave up ten runs in the seventh inning of the third game...so much for team rating I guess lol.
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We went to extras in game 1 with Las Vegas but ended up going down 9-8 in that one and lost the next one 6-0. Can't complain.

Actually, I can complain about my ace getting the dreaded 35 game injury in game 2. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lucky me for sure
It's time for these Gulls to be recognized as they defeated top rank Thunder Bay to move on to face the San Fransisco Eagles in the next knock out round and their infamous owner Soluna Steve

The fans of Vero Beach took to the beaches and splattered Gull poop everywhere in celebration of the teams success. Mayor Sandy White called in all off duty police officers and asked the Govenor to put the National Guard on stand by.

Fortunately, the drum circles picked up the beat, everyone got their heads back on straight and all was quiet again by dusk
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It a great task to face a Legends side team in my next round. The boys are doing great in the league and the cup this year.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Out of the cup, but happy to won a game against a Legend's side team, it tells me a lot about my team. Now I will focus in the league where I hope to earn a pass to the next level.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We make the final 16

The Vero Beach Gulls continue their winning ways, sweeping The San Fransisco Eagles in the latest Cup knockout round. The a Gulls took Game 1 in 12 innings after D'Andre Powell hit the game winning homer to straight away CF for his fifth HR in Cup play, with Daniels on first and two outs. The Gulls took a 1-0 lead in the 5th on a Musial triple, knocking in McGee. The Eagles tied the game during the top of the 8th on an error, two walks and a sacrifice fly. DiMaggio hit a homer in the ninth to give The Eagles a 2-1 lead. McGee then tied the game again with a solo shot of his own in the bottom of the inning. Spencer got the win after Enrique Reynoso pitch 7 shutout innings, only giving up 2 hits. The Gulls bullpen pitched five innings, while only allowing one hit.

Game two had The Eagles hit 3 home runs but the offensive prowess of the Gulls collected 15 hits and scored 12 runs. Shawn Hill got the win while Yoshio Aoki pitch 4 strong innings to give the weary Gull bullpen a rest.

After The Gulls scored 3 in the 6th to take a 12-5 lead, Eagles owner, Soluna Steve was seen storming out of Vero Beach Stadium during 7th inning stretch after the Gulls fans starting singing', "Take it Easy". When approached getting into his black BMW, and asked about his teams performance, he stated " This is the last resort, I can't tell you why but I gotta a heart ache tonight and gonna take the 7 bridges road back to my hotel in California. Good bye, I am already gone!" And headed out in the fast lane.

the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the 8 teams making quarter finals
I might be biased, but know where I am putting my money with
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Best of luck, gizmo! I love it when lower half league teams make runs in the cup
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
A tip of the cap to the Cup Champs. Always an achievement to be the team to come out of that melee.

I'd suggest Christian Romo was the series MVP in the final round. Nice couple of games.

Previous Page | Show All |