Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Spring Training Afterthoughts!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
solace36

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Overall thought ST went well. Still think there should be more decisive player input allowed on substitutions, rather than the computer selecting subs. Let the computer stick to the bot teams for manipulation. In the minors you have an option for selecting secondary positions. The computer then counters the players selection by placing a player in another position other than what the player selected. Counter productive!

In two ST games we played against a league opponent. Not only a league opponent, but a division rival. Didn't mind, but should there be something in the scheduling that might help prevent that from happening?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What is really the problem with playing against a league rival?

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Could have spring training be against generic, Washington Generals type teams from fictional towns. Might streamline the process and, if each of those teams where virtually identical roster and SI wise, it would allow for a better evaluation of minor leaguers. Personally, I faced a few teams that had their major league pitching staff pitching this spring. Makes evaluating 19 year old hitters rather difficult.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I played a division rival in ST and felt it was a good thing. I also played a Legends division team and enjoyed that too.
I would have preferred more games per day. 4 instead of 2. Either speed spring training up or have more ST games. I suppose that might change the games balance though.
I really liked getting to play my prospects.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see what's wrong with playing division rivals or teams that are way stronger or weaker in spring training. It's fun, and you never know what's coming. In real life, opposing ST teams are never a realistic, comparable measure, either.
I agree that there could be more games, though. Cactus League this year ran from Feb 26 to Mar 29 - and some games are split squad, plus some exhibitions. Our 20 ST games are pretty meagre in comparison. Plus three games per real life day would be a nice change after the long draught of the season change.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm proud at how my prospects played this ST.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My minor league pitchers were terrible, and so were my pitchers that will be playing their first major league season. Fortunately my experienced starters and closer will eat most of the innings. The minor league hitters did pretty well, but had a ton of strike outs so there was room for improvement there too.

Previous Page | Show All |