Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> spring training lineups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of amazed to see anyone playing their regular season lineup during spring training. Do my young guys get more credit for getting slaughtered or holding their own against a major league lineup than holding their own or doing well against other young guys?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
They get experience, which your regulars probably don't need much. Since the games don't count...might as well play the youngsters.

Steve
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
For Fielders I usually bring in all the young dudes from my minors, and the rookies/sophomores in the big leagues in order to get a tiny bit more experience. As for pitchers, I usually try and test out my regular season rotation to see if they can be able to perform, although with kids batting it doesn't really seem right. I do have a couple of pitchers i may start tomorrow
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have cos Sen to run out pretty much all minor leaguers just for exp. A few major leaguers squeeze in, but they are all young. My staff I have more or less set up as what I expect my future staff might look like if people pan out (as in players that look like future starters in starting roles and guys that don't look like SPs in roles I think they might fill).
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
This is my 2nd Spring Training. I am starting only minor leaguers. And backing them up with minor league guys as well.

I even selected to pitch hit against L / R so I get all the players into the games.

My pitchers are the same.. Got them all lined up for exp.

So far so good. Won the 1st game 1-0, lost the 2nd in 11 3-2... Great Start

Got 7 pitchers in & 12 of 13 batters into 2 games.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I am playing 3 young major leaguers that don't have much experience but need it if they are going to contribute...and of course they may not and then of course my minor league guys. It's interesting to see some of these guys get multiple at bats. But they got mowed down by a 35 year old while my staff was getting lit up. But I was very pleased with the 11 inning game for the extra experience. 1 out of two ain't bad I reckon. :-)
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hard to overcome the versatility aspect implemented into the game engine. When I draft or claim a player for a position, I intend for him to be the best player in my league at that position. I don't want him shucking off his standby catchers gear and waddling his fat carcass out to 2B so he can be "versatile" (this happened, so now fat carcass has a 11 game injury from running after a ground ball and has blown 1/2 his spring training chances to improve). What makes it even worse is that you have position infielders setting on the bench. If he's a .157 hitter, I don't want him in the on-deck circle replacing a .305 hitter. Not in spring training, nor league games. These type "versatility" subs are nonsense and will unfortunately continue right into league play as it's not only spring training related. Somehow, someway, there should be a way to control these inappropriate replacement actions.

Previous Page | Show All |