Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Settings for ST/RS   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Steve,
is it possibile to isolate the mangement setting for ST from the RS's ones?
The problem is that applying a setting in the ST mode, that change will affect both ST and RS.
It's a little bit annoying.
Thank you.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Are you using the same players as both starters and relievers? Maybe I'm not understanding the request.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For example, to give a young pitcher the maximum amount of low-leverage innings, you may want to use him as a middle reliever in the regular season and as a starter in spring training. At the moment, if we change the pitch count on the regular season management settings and then click on spring training, we see that the settings there have been changed, too. Both views basically just differ in roster size but appear to have the same settings for each player (I tested that only for pitchers' pitch count settings, though).
As there are a few days inbetween, it's probably not much of a problem for most of us, but if you happen to be on vacation in notnetland at the wrong time, you may find yourself with an inexperienced middle reliever throwing 100 pitches in the regular season and blowing games wide open that you might have still turned around had he been pulled after one inning.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holmes has the point.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that there needs to be separation in the individual settings, so that an adjustment for a player in spring training doesn't affect the regular season setting for that same player
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I'm confused, but can't you just change his management settings when the regular season starts? Its not like they overlap...

...I'm not trying to be difficult, but there is a trade-off between more control and simplicity.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In principle, you can, of course, if you can log in on the one day between the last spring training game and the first cup game. And maybe if it's not properly set for one series, it may not be that bad. But then I wonder why are there even separate pages for regular season and spring training management? That's a bit deceiving for the casual user, if they're actually the same.

Updated Monday, August 4 2014 @ 9:26:37 am PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will say that it is more of an annoyance on my part even though it does only take a few minutes to change settings back to what I want.

Guess my thought is one shouldn't have to change management settings from spring training to the regular season and back, since two separate setting pages exist and they shouldn't overlap and interact with the other

Least the lineup and pitching pages maintain the individual settings for either ST and RS.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Still the same as last year?
Changing settings in the ST page will affect RS settings too?

Previous Page | Show All |