Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Clinchers!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
VI.15 East is getting exciting... leaders Quincy on a 5 game losing streak, both Alexandria and my side behind 3 and 4 games respectively, and both on 5 and 6 game winning streaks respectively. Will be interesting to see if either team can capitalise on a potential meltdown... watch this space people!
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, my team has some kind of crazy 2011 meltdown fixation. Last season we went from 2nd at the AS break to a 3 games above last place finish.

This season the melt waited until October, so far low-lighted by a 0 IP, 6 ER start from our ace and a 1/3 IP, 4 ER start from our number 3 starter.

Edit: Definite Bobby V move in game 159. Season on the line, SET1 the only reliever with more than light fatigue ... lets give LHS2 2 2/3 innings where he doesn't face one left-handed hitter.

One game left to avoid a sweep at home vs. the last place team and guarantee at least a tie ...

Updated Monday, July 21 2014 @ 3:34:41 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I lost on the worst type of bull****... two errors in the 9th inning with my closer in to give up the tying run. After my closer exits my set-up guy gives up a walk and a homer in the 10th. Season over. If the team I lost to was actually good I wouldn't mind nearly as much. That said, I should kill VI.1 next season given my team will still be getting better. ~+270 and second place is my finish.

Updated Monday, July 21 2014 @ 4:02:07 pm PDT
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Feelin' ya Brewnoe, my team had a horrible interleague season... Just managed to recover this far, if I beat Alexandria by 2 we'll have identical records and run diffs! They take it they win, I take it by one, you win!

Don't get any better than this right?

Updated Monday, July 21 2014 @ 4:37:41 pm PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's official
The league V.9 championship will feature the Casper Tornados against the a Gulls of Vero Beach in a rematch of last seasons VI.17, in which the Gulls won in 7 games

Las Vegas oddsmakers have the Gulls as the favorites to win in 6 games
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So VI.15 this season ended with two teams on 94 wins and one on 93, does anyone else have any examples of league races being this close?
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Brewnoe&Snook

We'll see next year, guys.
I don't think i'll beat Bridgeside.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You still promote regardless.

Closest I've found is V.5 West, Billings, Kodiak and Sunnyvale all within 1 game.
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my league the top two teams in the west have the same record.I'm guess the team with the highest run differential is the one who clinches
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not familiar with a team promoting with an RD in the double digits. That's what's happening in II.2 West this year.

Previous Page | Show All |