Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Steals   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are we ever going to be able actually see steals again?

http://brokenbat.org/player/64262

This poor guy is in the prime of his career and in 5 seasons has 20 stolen bases even though his Steal an Base Running are set to ++.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
20 Steals, 24 Caught Stealing...hmmm...not sure I'd want him running too much.

Steals are a little low, we've been increasing the parameters to try to align with MLB averages.

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the clarification in the scouting report. Of cource now I have no idea who will be a good base stealer so it seems I'm stuck with building a power team like everyone else.

20 for 44 is not enough data to judge if he should be going or not. But the fact is I have him set to ++ and he isn't going (if he's not good he should just be getting caught a lot and I could live with it or adjust it).

Why are we trying to replicate the major leagues and are you talking about historical ML or present day? The pitchers don't even have any information on their pickoff moves and even if they did, I could tell a guy to do against one guy and not against another and it doesn't seem players are very intuitive when it comes to that. But still if I want to send my guys, they should be going.

Previous Page | Show All |