Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Best Place for him   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Soccer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Alonzo Montes, a pitcher of mine, has been struggling to pitch. What is the best place for him to pitch?

Here he is:http://brokenbat.org/player/74179

Updated Tuesday, June 10 2014 @ 8:58:16 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If he can't handle starting pitcher, I would put him in long relief until he got enough innings/experience & improvement to be a starter.

Steve
Soccer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First game as a long reliever:
IP H R ER BB IBB HB K H
1⅔ 6 6 6 3 0 0 1 0

Updated Tuesday, June 10 2014 @ 3:09:08 pm PDT
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He hasn't pitched enough games yet. If he has better skills then your starters I'd suggest hanging with him has a starter for a few more starts. He may just be on a slump. If after 2 - 3 more starts nothing improves just give him a shot in the bullpen
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in Div V and would only play a player of those skills in LR or SS.

Obviously every league is different but I'd be expecting him to get fairly touched up in IV at this point in his career.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually put undeveloped young pitchers in MR, where they get more innings than as LR or SS, but they're usually low-leverage, when I'm behind, anyway or way ahead (if the young guy makes the game close again, I have a solid closer I trust to handle the rest). Besides, in MR I can keep him on a shorter hook than as LR or SS.
In this case, I have some doubts, however. This guy doesn't have that much room for improvement. If he's not even good enough to keep a game halfway close now, how good do you expect him to become? I don't see him develop a decent breaking ball with the bit of potential he has left...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The number of innings you have given him is really not that big a sample size. Looking at that fastball, I seriously doubt that he will continue to have an ERA even close to as high as it is currently. Holmes is correct, he probably will not develop a great breaking ball considering the remaining potential. That said, his current skills would say that his ERA and BAA should be much lower.

Previous Page | Show All |