Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Have the stolen base engine been adjusted?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My team only had one stolen base attempt over the four cup games, and this was on a hit and run.

Looking back at spring training, stolen bases attempts look well down on previous years (25 compared to 65, 47 and 65)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There was some re-work done on the hit-and-run logic...and that can effect stolen bases.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
On hit & run, there were 5 in my opening series (4 by me, 1 by my opponent). All were turned for double plays.

Small sample size I realize. Middle infielders on both sides were decent. Base runners weren't world beaters (most discouraging one had a 15 speed on the bases and a 14 speed at the plate).

Does hit & run not offer much protection against double plays? Or was this just a factor of big arms on both teams?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I will check it out.

Thanks,

Steve
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a few players who have great speed and should be stealing bases. However, after this change they don't have "1" yet all season...

So my question is; How do I get them to steal now?
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My bad, one guy does have 1 steal, but that's it. And he ain't even one of my fast guys... lol
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed steals are way down.

Having said that I'm not upset about it as steal success seems to be up accordingly (less attempts but better attempts). Which I think seems more logical?

Previously I had a player with around 16 speed swipe over 80 bases in a year whilst hitting a shallow .22x type average which seems unlikely!
solace36

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope something is stabilized one way or the other soon regarding steals, hit and run, and other game changes. I have players with speed on the team strictly for that aspect. Up and down computer changes after season start is more than a head scratcher, as it not only confuses what's going on, but negates strategy play that takes time to undo.
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"I have players with speed on the team strictly for that aspect"

Same here...

Previous Page | Show All |