Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Arm and Range   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed that the arm and range skills do not tend to increase or decease for players. If they do, it appears to be a very small change that is based on discovering their actual skill level with playing time... Am I seeing this correctly? And is there a reason that these skills do not increase in the same way that the fielding skill does?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Each skill evolves and decline differently. Some skills will improve a lot more with training and experience. Some skills are more fixed -- as some things are trainable and other are more inherent to a players natural athletic ability.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So arm and range are "inherent" skills then, I take it? Does this mean that if I take a minor league player with mid-level arm/range stats and train him at a position that requires these skills be good... he will most likely not improve very much and, thus, not be worth training in this position?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That’s the gist of it. In general, you should probably look at a young players throwing hand, range, arm and defensive scouting report and try to position him in a position that makes sense for those attributes (if his current one doesn’t fit).

Of course, this may be adjusted according the other players you have on your club and in the minors (i.e. probably don’t need six catchers).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |