Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Should we just always show the “expanded” statistics format?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be possible to add as a user preference?
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I am beginning to think some people might be becoming statistics crazy...

What ever you all come up with is fine.

I just copy & paste from the website to excel and hide or delete the columns that I feel are un-neccessory.

My recommendation is not to get "Lost" in the overabundance of stats it seems people are asking for. Some of the best sabermwtrics are the simpler ones...
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd prefer the expanded as the norm.
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd prefer the expanded but can understand people that wouldn't.

My vote would be that it be a profile setting.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah as a profile setting would be better
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When I look at stats, I usually want the defensive stats and the pitchers' quality starts, as well, so I move down to "expanded" right away.
What I don't understand is why for two very narrow extra columns the font has to be that much smaller.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with a profile setting is that it doesn't really reduce the complexity of the code. You still have to support both formats.

Steve
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
oh ok then. Well I don't have a particular preference I must say. So everything is fine.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I use the QS and BS figures as an additional indicator of how my starters and relief are doing

I don't think I use the additional batting stats, but if you removed the fielding stats from this display it would create some room

I look at the fielding stats and will appreciate the extension to this, but I don't really use the appearance data as much
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I vote no on that as I like and need the larger font

But the expanded stat page could be just that. It does not need to include regular stats that are already on main player page.

The expanded would also include the additional defensive stats

I am sympathetic to your point. I have two questions:

1. Can't small font size be alleviated using the zoom feature on your browser or phone/tablet.

2. We may expand the site width from 1000 to ~1100-1200 pixels. This would give us more space to display statistics columns and/or possibly larger font sizes.

Current font sizes are 11 pixels for standard tables and 9.5 pixels for the expanded tables.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |