Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What do you think about match frequency in BB?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd rather any other day than Saturday be a day off. It is the only day I can be on when they are going on.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hard to please everyone, hehe.

I chose Saturday because there's no work/school, so it's the best day to take a break from broken bat and actually play real baseball.

Anyway, I very much doubt Steve will change anything in the calendar.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah 3 matches per day would have been fine
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, the game ranges from 2 games per day to 5 games per day depending at what point in the season. Usually, it’s about 3-4 games a day except during spring training or inter-divisional play.

I wanted the season to move a long fairly quickly so people that are out of the race don't have too long to wait for a new season. I also wanted to keep the season length to roughly that of MLB (160 games versus 162) so that season statistics were similar.

Generally, in MLB teams play three (or sometimes four) game series. So I decided to do one series per day. And the inter-divisional series just needed to be 5 games to make all the numbers work.

Steve
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
that's interesting,Steve.
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it the way it is now.

Although I wouldn't mind having spring training move quicker.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the frequency per day now and the length of the season, I wish the games started at a wider frequency each day... maybe a two or three hour break so you could respond to injuries, pitcher fatigue or just change a lineup for a gae easier.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I like playing a series each day. For me three games a day is ideal, although I understand the reasons for the longer series.

Being in Europe I would prefer the game times to be earlier by an hour or two but again understand this might not be suitable for players in the Americas

I don't know about everyone else but I get a couple of days off each week once I am knocked out of the cup.

Someone suggested a depth chart on another thread, this would help prepare for series play. Although in most cases having a named backup should be sufficient it might be useful having the possibility to automatically promote a player from the development roster where an injury occurs.

In truth brokenbat shouldn't require a lot of tinkering because "form" in the game is an illusion, players will perform consistently over time. Even so, I still like to tinker a little bit; it gives me the sense that I am in control but is usually when I make my bad decisions.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The issue with just putting a backup is that most of my backup players are defensive guys. Putting them in my lineup changes it drastically. Also the side of the plate the bat on could change the way I'd like my lineup.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Erkuza - spring training is slow, and it comes after the offseason and the playoffs, which are off time for one in six teams, as well. Maybe just for spring training two series a day would be nice. But maybe I'm just starved for baseball after the long real life off season...

Previous Page | Show All |