Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Youth Product/Salary Connection   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I remember it being discussed a while back that there either WAS or was going to be a connection between a player being a "youth product" and their salary? Basically, their salary would be lower because the player is with the team they originally came from. Does this actually exist now? If it doesn't, are there plans to eventually implement it?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I don't quite understand the question. If a player is promoted to the big leagues, his salary will go from the minor league salary ($200k) to the major league minimum ($500k). It can never go back to the minor league salary even if the player is demoted back to the minors.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the statement is that the salary for a player drafted and developed through your own team's minor league system would be less expensive than one acquired through waivers or free agency; hence the "cherry" icon on the player profile

I can't find anything in the rules, but did believe this to be the case
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I was referring to the cherry icon and the players that are developed through your system. There is nothing in the rules about it but I remember it being mentioned that "youth products" were supposed to have salaries that do not increase quite as fast as other players... (i.e. they will not JUMP from 500K to 1.8M)... or at least that was my understanding of the discussion.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, it was suppose to be an apple icon...perhaps I need to come up with a better icon.

Anyway, there is nothing that prevents salaries from jumping from $500k to $1.8M. However, players with your team longer and those that you've drafted will have somewhat discounted salaries.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, okay, that was what I was asking. I almost thought I had made that up!

Previous Page | Show All |