Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> MY team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
phareux

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
HI all, just got my team (last played a couple years ago) and relearning everything. about half my players are 30 or over. My question is this, what should I look for in looking to release some of these or should I just wait until they retire?
Also are there any main skills I should look for when I decide what to train my minor leaguers?

thanks
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You have pretty good hitting and older, not real effective pitching. I’d probably get ride of the oldest, worst pitchers (ie. Jose Saenez & Omar Trejo) and start looking for replacements from free agency or the minors. Meanwhile, I’d start re-stocking your farm system so when your older players become unproductive, you’ve got some quality players to replace them.

There is no formal retirement in Broken Bat. As players hit their early to mid 30’s, their skills begin to decline. It’s up to you to determine when their skills are diminished enough to finally release them.

Steve
phareux

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks, other than the FA market where and when do you get players?
Randy Bobandy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That plus waiver claims. When you click on free agents, right above the "Reset" button you'll see "include waivers". Check the box and the results will include any players on the waiver wire included in your specific filter.

You aren't guaranteed to get anyone you put a claim on though as everyone else has the ability to do so. Depending on how many people put a claim on a given player, you're not likely to really get any of them. Still a chance though and worth the effort of putting the claim in.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You can also Add Players via the draft and train them in your minor league until they are ready for the big leagues.

Steve
phareux

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you for the help and the quick answers

mike

Previous Page | Show All |