Help

Forum >> Help >> Hitting and Plate Discipline   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TexasBoy1688

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What is the difference if a player has good hitting,but not good plate discipline and not good hitting,but good plate discipline?
rjpj69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good hitting means the player is good at making contact with the ball. Plate discipline means knowing the difference between what is a ball and strike and when to swing at the right pitches.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Plate discipline determines if the player can lay off balls. The higher this is the more walks he will draw and less strikeouts.

Hitting determines how often he can put balls into play and helps get more base hits.

Being that a walk is the same as a single, they're both good to have. However, walks don't drive in runs or end up as doubles, triples or homers. If you have to choose between the two, take hitting.
Sports00

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Which is more important: hitting or plate discipline?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which do you value more -- batting average or OBP?

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think both have their place. I personally like higher plate discipline for my faster players because it gives them more opprotunities at steals.

And I like high contact guys after them to help moves runners and to aviod too much shifting of th infield. It all works together and every skill is useful. The flaw is when the engine decides not to send runners but that will be ironed out.

Previous Page | Show All |