Help

Forum >> Help >> He may never get out of the minor leagues.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Randy Bobandy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Solid breakdown there for the boys. I mean, "He may never get out of the minor leagues" pretty much speaks for itself, no?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, except scouting is an inexact science.

Steve
Evilness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is it good when you bring up a player from A or AA when they are 25 or do you just leave them in their assigned affiliate until they reach AAA and then bring them up to the Majors?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At 25, he really needs to be in a higher league than AA. There are some players that you should probably just cut.

Steve

Updated Sunday, December 15 2013 @ 7:24:00 pm PST
Evilness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So,you;re saying that a 25 year-old should be in AA or higher?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's saying "in a higher league than AA".
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm saying that at 25 yo, he needs to be in the big leagues or probably released.

Steve
Premier

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why do some very good potential players have just as much potential dots as a player that has good potential?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
They are slightly difference metrics and SI (and the potential bar) are just a combined measure of skills.

Steve
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
"I'm saying that at 25 yo, he needs to be in the big leagues or probably released."

So. . . There are some implications to this that I want to clarify. Taken literally, this might suggest that players with a low recommended league for their age should probably be cut, even if the scouting report and SI potential look good on them. That seems. . . odd.

For example, my 23 year old posting system acquisition is in the rookie leagues because that's his recommended league. His SI, current skill levels and scouting report all look pretty good, so I assume he'll move pretty quickly through the lower level of the minors. But, if his recommended league at age 23 is rookie, should I just cut him instead?

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Previous Page | Show All |