Help

Forum >> Help >> Question about Batting Average.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ddirt2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new to the game, and still amazed at what you have here at Broken Bat Baseball.

My question is about how batting average relates to the ratings. Is BA correlated 100% to the 'Hit' rating? Or is BABIP correlated 100% to the 'Hit' rating? I am asking this so that I can best evaluate a prospects likely batting average. Do I need to factor in 'Bat Control' or some other rating in addition to 'Hitting' in order to figure a player's likely BA?

Thanks.
sross78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
in my time on the game, it appears to me that hitting is almost 100% correlated to batting avg. bat control is for bunting and plate discipline will result in more walks/fewer k's.

most guys with a ton of power will have lower avg's due to lesser hit ratings. in my experience, a hit rating of 18+ nearly gaurantees a .300+ avg while 15-17 hitting will result in avg's of .250-300 depending on how you set your lineups.

of course, if you have a LH hitter you only start against RHP, his avg will likely be higher than normal.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Batting average is primary a product of a player’s Hitting skill and the skill levels of the opposing pitchers he’s faced (this may varying greatly depending on what league level the player is in). There are numerous smaller factors that also affect it though.

Steve
ddirt2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks very much for your fine answers!
njfe0890

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I should get my players to sacrifice more often in close games?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, the bunting/sacrificing probability needs tweaking.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |