Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training AI choices?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Is the game's artificial intelligence programmed to substitute in players 25 years old and under?

I have a 25 year old shortsto , Ackerman, who is 126 SI and 15 POT...i doubt if he will improve any more in those measures...so I have not put him in my normal spring training lineup (i do have him in my veteran laden, rust removal lineup which i have yet to deploy this spring). I want to minimize his risk of injury this spring--play only enough to get the cobwebs out to avoid a slow start to the season.

anyway, Ackerman has been put into 7 of the 9 games so far, even though he is not named as a starter or an injury replacement. And what's really strange is Ackerman has been put into the outfield! Meanwhile none of my over 25 non-starters have played. Why did that happen?

So I am guessing, the game AI uses 25 as a factor when putting in subs during spring?

anyone know what's up?

Updated Monday, January 2 2023 @ 2:15:19 pm PST
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It doesnt happen to me. Maybe your pinch hitting selections are to blame. If game meets requirements for pinch hitting for someone, they have to select someone, and that particular thing they may ignore any spring lineups. All of my pinch hitting settings are set to X in my spring roster, because I play the 9 people I want to get AB, and I dont want to lose any AB to pinch hitters.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, the AI will put in young replacements for spring training. It works different than the rest of the season because the AI is smartly trying to get experience for young players. But it is of course not perfect. The easiest way to control who is playing is doing what electriceel said, and setting all your players to X for substitution. This will keep the starters in for the whole game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Worth noting, we don't have any control over who comes in during the regular season either. Our lineups only control who starts (and who comes in if a starter is injured at the start of the game). Its just that the AI is using different logic for who to bring in during the game.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks !

Previous Page | Show All |