Help

Forum >> Help >> Too soon?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/295655

Not sure there is any fool-proof method to avoid stunting. Some wont call up a player if their SI hasnt reached a number a certain distance from their POT. Badly managed players such as Wiggins (A Ball only), not only reaches his SI, but actually moved into next range. Lagos while being a few points short of his POT, reached his comments, and Yamasaki had bad growth on his movement well before he stopped at 12.

It seems like some guys just stop when they're going to. Seems like if a guy is not gaining in the minors (or only once in awhile), and gains only in Spring (pretty much the situation with Mares most of his 4 seasons in AAA), that is not actually Training, but League experience, so unless they are in AAA for a roster reason, seems pointless to keep them there. Maybe that is wrong. Waters and Moreno stopping where they did always feels a bit like its my poor management that did it.

Not to say that is the situation with Kennedy. But he was 21, I knew it was narrowly possible to rise to 16 POT, he was recommended around Update #6. I called him up after 2 empty training updates (#7-8) because I found the ability to get him some work with the Division well in hand irresistable. So now he has reached 16 POT, and the playoffs allowed him to gain 2 more SI, in places that push his projections into 16 range, and I ask, does he have 35 SI left in League XP in him. The 7 he gained in Spring should be all League XP. So he has accrued quite a bit already.

I dont think sending him back to minors would help at all. The AI, after running his wheels off all season, stopped shortly before end of minor league season. I have seen other experienced players I have in the minors for one reason or another seldom get put in games, though it has been said the higher the attributes, the more the AI wants to pick them. Maybe that is a signal they are done.

Thoughts?

Updated Friday, October 7 2022 @ 7:44:36 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its dangerous to go by some SI offset from a perceived maximum for several reason:

- you could easily be wrong about the maximum.

- if the player didn't get as many Spring innings, they won't look as inflated as other players.

- things like Range, Speed, Arm don't improve. So player SI ratio can be misleading. A SS who is 20 from their delta is actually further away (ratio wise) than an OF.

- players have different growth curves.

Lots of reasons not to prescribe to that philosophy.

Hard to tell for sure with this guy, but with less than 1.5 season in AAA, I image he probably has more Training to gain. Especially given you have tracked up to 9 from XP. Not popping for a couple updates doesn't really mean a lot. I've had guys go for 8 updates without a pop, and suddenly pop 4 skills all at once. It just depends on how the sub numbers are lining up.

At the very least I would have him down in the minors during Spring.

EDIT: Worth noting that he does still get some Training in the majors. At 22 he'll probably be ok either way. But I personally would give him a bit more time in the minors unless you really need him on the major league squad.

The AI has been trying to get me to promote Acre for half a season now.

Updated Friday, October 7 2022 @ 9:02:37 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep him in the minors for Spring training, as in not pitch him in ST? Isnt being used in Spring games only count towards XP and not training, since you cant get both at same time?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe you can get both Training and Experience in Spring. I'm not certain about week 1, but certainly week 2. No, I would pitch him in Spring, I would just do it from the minors. At least until after the 2nd update.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Old uncharted territory (there be monsters on the edge of the map)

Has he found his sound?
Throwing Muses - Not Too Soon
... not too soon at all

Keeping him in the minors?
Gerardo "Rico Suave"

Divac

Florence Violets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You should release that dude... he needs so many seasons in minors to be even usable.

Previous Page | Show All |