Help

Forum >> Help >> Keep Or Dump?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/244501

My first season with him, 2054, was good. He had a decent ERA, FIP and WHIP ratio, though only 30 IP for the season. I guess that made me a little positively biased towards him, because when I look at his overall averages he's doesn't look that great. But with an 18 Movement, A little bit of a fast ball and decent control ( theoretically) he looks better then most of the waiver wire fodder. Opinions?

Updated Friday, June 24 2022 @ 12:27:45 pm PDT
todd

Wellington Phoenix
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had many a pitcher who looked horrible until they got enough IP to reveal their true nature. With another 50 or 60 IP his stats may positively regress...or not. Lo!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
His ratings look really nice. But having 18 Movement with "major league curveball" is a bit of a red flag. Makes me think his ratings could be a bit inflated.

As a relief, he naturally has a pretty small sample size in his stats. I would expect him to trend towards is total average. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him end the season with an ERA in the 4s, but he is probably never going to be the star player his rating make him out to be.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, my good friend Regalado. Developed through blood, sweat and tears, but I felt long ago he wasnt as good as he should be. But he is capable of outliers.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ratings? Do you mean his minor league stats?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No I mean things like Movement. I suspect his Movement is less than 18 in reality.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh okay, I see. Thanks

Previous Page | Show All |