Help

Forum >> Help >> We report. You decide   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/264362/M

Very Good POT but stunted in every respect. Promoted too fast through through the minors? Or more of that randomization designed to make game unpredictable?

Phone lines now open!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He did go through the minors pretty fast. I think the AI is sometimes a little too aggressive with recommendations nowadays. Its hard to tell if he is really stunted though. His Movement seems a bit low for the scouting report. But everything else is within one point of the SWAG chart of ratings that I created 8 years ago (and Steve has undoubtedly made tweaks since).

Being off by one point can just be an issue of how the sub numbers are rounding, plus the fact that ratings can be off by as much as 20%. So even his total SI isn't necessarily stunted. I have POT 12s who stopped lower than that.

Plus POT is also fuzzy and can be wrong. Its completely possible that this guy is just a really good POT 11 who is being inaccurate rated as a POT 12.

A lot of my players end up coming up a couple SI short. It can be disappointing to see, but its all part of the game. Its worse when they are supposed to be key players on your team.

I thought for sure that Wakefield would go up a few more points when he petered out.

I was somewhat devastated to see where Carson "The Barbarian" O`Brien ended his growth because he was supposed to be our franchise player.

Updated Thursday, June 16 2022 @ 3:10:42 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The flip side:

https://brokenbat.org/player/294901

Only above average potential but the AI keeps recommending him like a rocket. Not too much performance problems in successive levels but not going to promote him right now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Above Average potential points to a strong possibility his POT is really only 13. So that might not be horrible, but if he was truly a POT 14, I'd say its a bit early to promote.

Very good potential, Above average potential - its hard to say exactly what these mean or if they carrying any weightings different than purely total SI (I think they might). All I know is that they aren't 100% reliable (just like everything else), so I just use them as one piece of the equation when evaluating players.

Previous Page | Show All |