Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/282768

I have my concerns about this guy will ever hit a baseball. Admittedly a 9 hit attribute is very weak for AAA. He does seem to have a little bit of power and some SB ability, but it is not very encouraging when my 3B is not good right now.

So what should I do? Flog him in Spring and Cup since he is only 22? Bring him to league as recommended even though there might be just as big a hole in my lineup as before?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you figure he's actually a 14 POT, then figure around 115 SI or so-ish. That means about 15 more points. Five more go to Fielding, and four more to Hitting. That only leaves six more to find their way to BC and PD.

If he were a SS, I'd say stick with him, because SS. However, at best you have a mediocre-hitting 3B as is. Looks like a pass to me, unless you can make up for hitting at SS.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Quintero does look that bad. Been a bit sloppy in the field, but his ratings and position experience seem to indicate he can do better defensively.

"Good hitter"s are seldom good hitters. I usually only consider those guys for SS. Maybe if a guy is hit 30+ HRs. But I think you can do better for 3B. Porter has so much SI wrapped up in speed and defensive traits it doesn't leave a lot for offence.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I project 14's at 112, 13's at 106, 12's at 99.

I suppose the gist of it is, say, 18 fielding and 18 arm dont have a lot of value at 3B? And no, I am not putting a 13 range out there at SS if I can avoid it. 15 hitting T. Rodriguez (until this year at least) was ok playing all the time with .711-.767 OPS.

I'd actually trained him awhile at C, with the thought that maybe he could get in the lineup there if needed. Seems unnecessary now, with Gentile in the pipeline, Gomez to be called up in a season or so, and the backup SS Zavala likely to move to left-handed C then.

As a S, I closely watch his splits, and hitting left-handers better is not going to work at 3B, because Mares is about ready as well. For now, his hitting ineptness is a bit less inept against RHP.

But with the randomness of the game, all that can change. You can hit certain pitching great one year and trash the next.

Yea I dont really like good hitters or above average potentials. But some guys that are 17-18 cant hit and others 15-16 can. But track record means a lot as a predictive in those cases, which is why I am bothered by Porter's AAA numbers.

For now though, he is not the most useless roster occupier I have, so he is not on the cut list. I will be looking around at left-handed 3B though since he seems like a longshot...

Previous Page | Show All |