Help

Forum >> Help >> Minors?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rjpj69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only been around a couple of weeks, and took over a team in last place in VI. Tried to up grade with free agents. Didn't like the out come going that route. My question is if you were to bring up all your minors to play in the big league would it hinder the training they get? Or would they be able to still get there training and the exp? Not sure if I am asking the question right in the right way! Just looking to understand the game more.

I know in real life teams dump all the older players and use only the kids in a rebuilding mode. It doesn't stop the learning curve. It helps to speed up the exp. they gain.

Updated Friday, September 6 2013 @ 10:56:09 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That’s a complicated question to answer. The underlying factors that lead to player development are training and experience. The former (training) is acquired by playing at the appropriate league level and mostly in the minor leagues. The later (experience) is acquired by playing mostly in the big leagues.

So promoting somebody early might make them a better player faster (if experience gains outpace forfeited training gains) or it might not (if experience gain is less than training gains). Ultimately, the player will probably end up being about the same (perhaps when they are 27-30 yo), but might have significant performance issues beforehand. In general, I don’t think players should be making the jump from rookie league or A-ball to the big leagues. However, some players might be productive big leaguers when they should be playing in AAA.

I know in real life teams dump all the older players and use only the kids in a rebuilding mode. It doesn't stop the learning curve. It helps to speed up the exp. they gain.

Yes, this does happen in real life. But also you hear about teams that “rush” a younger to the big leagues and supposedly crush his confidence and he’s never becomes the player he should have been. So it goes both ways.

Steve
rjpj69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for your response. From what you said. If i had a farm system full of AAA players it might not be "too" bad of a plan. But, just not worth the risk for the rest of the minor league players. This helps me with my focus and plan for next season and beyond.

The rest of this season is a wash for my team. Already had benched all my older players and been starting the kids on the majors roster. I want to focus on the future and building from within. Not older free agents.

Just wish I could make the manager understand not to pull them after a bat or two. The manager wants to try and win. I want the kids to get the exp.
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Then change the setting under "management" that has them pinch hit for. Uncheck all the boxes and they won't come out of the game.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you promote a AAA player to the majors and it doesn't work out, you can always send him back down for a little while longer. The only penalty is that now you're paying him a big league salary (but probably the big league minimum).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |