Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Down years?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nyteblade

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a player who has a history of hitting over .300, and hit .350 two years running at one point. This year he has hit .246 overall. He was hitting .270 for a good portion of the year, but I expected him to pick it up as he is only 27 and he still has hitting skills of at least 16 in all areas except power. However, he has trended down to .246 and has begun to get injured every 3 or 4 games he plays. Is there a way that players simply have terrible off years? Also is it possible for a player to become injury prone or am I just having terrible luck on this guy?
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is incredibly realistic in all sports not just baseball. Look at justin verlander. He was untouchable last year but this year hes just as average as the next guy. You would be struggling to make a case for him to be in the top 20 pitchers this year.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Also, your teams has been moving up in leagues over the last five seasons, so your competition is getting better. It's a lot easier to hit .300 versus League VI pitching that in one of the middle or upper leagues.

Steve
nyteblade

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that makes sense, I just haven't seen the same trend in other players, and at a skill level of 121 I figured he'd be the guy to keep succeeding. It makes sense and it could just be that he's having a bad year based on chance. I was just wondering if its a normal thing for players to have down years because that is realistic and I do like it if that's the case.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which player is this?

Steve
nyteblade

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Samuel Brewer
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Samuel Brewer - nice player. Looks like he's just been unlucky this year, doesn't look like there is any specific reason. Maybe you'll get a break on his salary next year then. :-)

Steve
nyteblade

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks!
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Reminds me of a Tony Gwynn type player. Very nice!

Previous Page | Show All |