Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
here's hoping the ability to assign comes soon

indeed, the cup and season start is only days away
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to try to get it folded in this weekend.

Been swamped with a lot of other things. But the code is mostly done...just a lot of testing & simulating that needs to be done.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I just dropped a pretty nice Pitching Coach if anyone is in the market.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If I hire a batting coach who's salary is listed at 3M, will he adjust, or stay at that cost?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like the salary sticks. So you can get a 60 year old coach, but you have to pay big $$$ for him.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is probably a stupid question, but asking anyway.

You know how we managers get frustrated at seeing our developing pitchers keep gaining Fielding point after Fielding point (e.g., Donovan) because we'd rather see those half-points go towards something more "practical" like Movement or Control?

Are our pitchers affected by the bench coach and his defensive impartment? In other words, by having a bench coach who "is excellent at teaching fielding," do we "risk" our pitchers getting more Fielding points, at the detriment of other more pitcher-related points?

(Again, probably stupid question, I know.)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No. Your pitcher is born with a certain amount of Fielding potential. That potential is calculated into their total POT. If they max their POT, then they will max their fielding to its potential. A good coach will increase the speed at which they reach their fielding potential, but it doesn't take away from how quickly they reach their other potentials.

Every skill (which isn't maxed) is constantly improving a small amount every training update. This is why you will sometime have long droughts, and suddenly see a guy pop in several things all at once. He just happens to be rolling over the rounding threshold with those skill at the same time.

I think it might be a little less frustrating when you understand that the guy was born with those skills and there is nothing you could do about it?

Updated Sunday, December 5 2021 @ 8:24:28 am PST
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

A good coach will increase the speed at which they reach their fielding potential

Ah, that makes more sense. Thank you!
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there functionality to promote a Coach to Manager, and we just passed the window to do that? Or is that being developed?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The window isn't closed yet. You have to "replace" the manager with a coach under the "New Manager" section; you can't "realign".

Updated Thursday, January 27 2022 @ 5:28:27 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |