Help

Forum >> Help >> Hit & Run?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I look for bat control on the batter. Minimize strike outs. Speed on the likely baserunners moreso than the batter. Gives them a chance to swipe the base if the K happens.

Don't use it much personally. Will be trying it a bit this season with Caldwell.
wallbangers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That makes sense, thanks for the tip!
crash_davis

Williston Pioneers
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty new at this, too, and I have yet to notice any benefit from a hit and run. During a hit and run, I've had the lead runner forced out on several occasions, which would seem to be eliminate the purpose of a hit and run. And even when the hitter gets a single, the runner hasn't advanced more than one base anyway. Is this just a small sample size, or does the hit and run not really seem to produce any advantages?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
It works if you get a good speed in front of good bat control ++ they try it more often Wich means more doubled up also.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Crash,

Think you will find all of those observations still hold true with a larger sample size. A big part of why I don't use it much.

I also suspect it puts a ceiling on possible good outcomes. Base stealing triggers before that AB takes place. Hit & run likely does too. I've never seen a triple or a HR on a hit and run play. Feel choosing that option changes my best case from a 2 run HR to runners on 1st and 3rd.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I did a quick-n’-dirty study on hit-and-run results for a span of seven seasons a little ways back. My settings for hit-and-run are very aggressive compared to what seems to be the norm hereabouts, and I wanted to see how that aggressive approach stacked up to the more conservative settings preferred by most.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
study by Assumed

https://brokenbat.org/forum/0/3/7018
wallbangers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Very interesting analysis, thank you for sharing it!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I remembered seeing the DFB data. Hoping its a small numbers thing, because it really shouldn't be easier to get a hit with H&R than a normal at bat. A .400+ BA is kind of ridiculous.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Anything ever come of this? I feel like when i read the game summaries when I do see a hit and run I am getting a lot of runners stopping at 2nd base. It could be a hit to CF or RF and my runner stops at 2nd. Maybe i am just noticing the ones where he doesn't get to 3rd though.

Previous Page | Show All |