Help

Forum >> Help >> Free Agency   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Andreimun

York Frogs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So I'm not exactly new to the game, but I have some major issues with my pitching staff. I log in maybe 2-3 times a day to check for free agents and I never find any decent pitchers. Is there a set time where the free agent list is populated? I'm looking at division V, VI teams that have infinitely better rotations than mine. It's getting depressing, as I'm stuck in league III, I always have the best offense and the worst defense, so I never have a shot at promotion... I also have money to spare, so it's especially frustrating. Any hints?
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At first glance your bullpen's bb/k ratio isn't good. I'm not sure if they all have bad control or you're letting them pitch too much when they're tired.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Pitchers are in short supply on the free agent list. You might look at less establish players and see if you can pick up some decent pitchers that are overlooked by other clubs.

Players basically come off waivers continously...so there isn't one time to log on and check.

Steve
Andreimun

York Frogs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thx, Steve, and Ainsoph, I will also have a look at the pitch counts. Thanks a lot!
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i been searching for pitchers since i started, best to not bank on free agent pitchers, and just keep looking for the good young guys
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Check out this guy: Malcom Hayes.

I picked him up last season as a 27 year old free agent largely on his scouting report. He took his lumps last season (4.97 ERA), but this season has really blossomed (2.85 ERA).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |