Help

Forum >> Help >> Farm System Scouting Reports   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Donatello Carminucci

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure what to do with a promising Shortstop, due to input from my scouts.

"Dominguez" entered the Draft Pool as a 16 year old in 2044. I signed him in 2049 as a Free Agent and I don't see where he was with another team in those intervening 5 years. He spent 2049 with me in 'A' level and 2050 in 'AA' level. I feel he made good progress during both seasons.

Now "Dominguez" is 23 years old with a Skill Rating of "95". He's had 91 At Bats in Spring Training, batting .253. His OBP is .284, with 7 Home Runs and an OPS of .823. His fielding is not that good yet: 4 errors in 60 attempts (.933) but some extra 'pop' on my bench would be a welcome addition.

I really want to get him on track to the Majors but the Scouts decline to recommend promoting him even to "AAA"; when I pushed him up one level the scouts said he seems a little overmatched. Are the scouts usually right?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
In this case I think I would follow the scouting recommendation, there's a reasonable chance he gets the call up to AAA during the season anyway. He has some promise so I think it's worth being patient with him
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He's only 23, and he has been rushed through the minors. I would put him back in AA. He has plenty of time to develop. Players can still benefit from AAA at 26. I imagine he'll be ready well before that.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder where that guy came from. Straight to the FA pool?
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe the mystery of what happens to the undrafted in the player pool has been cleared up? just a guess
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Could be, but I hope not. That would be kind of bad design. Stick people with a bunch of bad picks throughout the season, and then dump a bunch of talented guys on FA. It would just make the poor distribution of talent through the draft even worse. Hopefully those undrafted guys just disappear. That is how it used to work at least.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It should be a shorter period until retirement. 3 seasons beyond any activity. Annoying to see those guys again and again when browsing FA
Donatello Carminucci

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice ... I put him back into "AA"
Donatello Carminucci

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice ... I put him back into "AA"

Previous Page | Show All |