Help

Forum >> Help >> I have no idea how to handle my pitchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I got him because he teaches pitching lol. But doesnt the manager do what he is ordered to do through management? I mean, he cant make people not throw strikes can he?

or is the handling pitchers thing "downgrade" their overall performances? If thats so, then maybe some guys dont suck so bad which is good news lol.

He is poor at coaching fielding too, which doesnt help that either obviously.

Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Did you uncheck the "Intentional Pass" box on your management tab for all of them?
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, none are permitted to throw IBB
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
About all you can do.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
is the handling pitchers thing "downgrade" their overall performances?

Yes.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well then I will have to evaluate those training arrows. So far this last update was the best ever for that. Vidal seems to improve the hitting and downgrade the pitching. McCullough was better on coaching defense, neutral on handling pitching and downgraded the hitters. Though if the stat is the things, some below averages are less severe than others.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If the choice at SS or 2B is between a player who can hit well and drive in runs but sucks defensively (whether low fielding, range and position proficiency or some combination) or a player with great defensive and position skills but stinks offensively i'll bite the bullet and take the defensive guy. Of course long range plan is to find a player who can do both, but those are real gems and not easy to acquire. I mean, you have nine bats in the lineup, but only a couple key defensive positions. I could be wrong in this approach and other more experienced managers may disagree, but that's how I look at it. Come waiver time, I would prioritize finding a good defensive SS to hold you over until you can find something better. Who knows, you may find a diamond in the rough. As far as pitchers go, until they get some decent number of innings pitched, the stats can initially be quite deceiving. I've dropped more then a few pitchers that I wasn't patient enough to get a good idea of how they were really doing. If the minor league stats are good, I try to be patient.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Finding a decent manager is difficult in this game...which I guess is good, overall...just frustrating when looking for one. I really have no idea if there is a good time or bad time to look for one?
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
As I understand it CF, Middle infield are the linchpins of your defense and as such, defense can be more important than offense. As long as its total stud defense lol. I learned over time to appreciate Lopez. Good fielding, great stats except an 8 hitting tool. When I first started I was itching to upgrade, but have come to appreciate him a lot more. CF I never had to worry about, Shockley is overall good. Also, range from your key defensive spots can make up for some lower range at say, the corner infield spots, which is helpful since those guys get those jobs based on their ability to rake.

But it is totally what my strategy is for the minors. Extra pitching and top defensive middle infielders who have some room to grow offensively.

I have spent a ton of time on pitchers. I hope I am making some progress there, though it certainly doesnt seem like it a lot of the time.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Its not easy to find a manager without negatives anyway. Unless I get more information on what effect a manager has, I have no plans to spend millions on one, even though my payroll is low and I could easily afford it right now. I wanted a guy who could teach both the game/pitching (since developing guys is my focus). Now I have a guy who is excellent/good at teaching, and also 39. Very hard to find a guy without negatives to be hired, though there are rumors that they are out there lol. I see them under contract all the time. As long as those SI arrows pop the way they have, I dont plan to make a change.

Previous Page | Show All |