Help

Forum >> Help >> Looking to learn   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
HNKBL

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello everybody,

I used to play this game but due to work/personal life gave up my previous team.

Now I'm back and I took over control of the Eau Claire Knights a few weeks back and started to overhaul the team with some younger talent. The club has some good hitters, but the pitching was/is subpar.

Tried improving my defense by finding better defensive players and I'm currently around the .500 mark for the season.

In my first season in charge I did manage to draft some nice looking players. Especially satisfied with fourth round pick Orozco (http://brokenbat.org/player/286489)

Been reading a lot on the forum and I'm getting an idea about how I think I should build my team, but I'm eager to learn more.

My question: If you guys would give me one advice what would it be?

Greetings,

HNKBL
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Without really looking closely at your team here are a few generic piece of advice:

- Don't overprioritize POT. Even before POT was fuzzy, and 14 POT guy could easily be worse than a 12 POT guy. You want to look at player build (for their position) and stats. For instance, a Catcher with 20 Fielding and 20 Range is wasted.

- Hitting (and OBP) is important. All ratings are important, but if a guy can't make contact with the ball, things like Power and Speed can't come into play offensively.

- Monitor aging guys. When guys age, they start to lose ability. But just like when they gain it, it happens on the sub level. I also suspect some underrated guys don't show until it goes below their true value. So if a guy is 32+ and his performance seems to be declining, expect that to continue (normally).

- Most important, have fun! Its a competitive game, and there is a lot to figure out. Take your time and enjoy a slow/continual rebuild of the team to reap the rewards. Try not to get frustrated if things are working out, and see if you can learn why something isn't working.

Previous Page | Show All |