Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league promotions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Do we just go by when the recommendation says to promote? This guy has played in the bigs 3 years, even performed well. The game wants him in AAA because apparently he skipped it before, and I am cool with that, I am getting him some games at 1B because the previous owner left him in the outfield his whole career with an arm of 7.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You'll get different answers from different people. The manual has always said that the recommendations are a little fuzzy. They are supposed to provide a good guideline, but if you know what you are doing, you can potentially do a better job. I mostly followed the guidelines, but after some of the latest changes guys are getting pushed through the minors much quicker. So I am now being a bit less aggressive, and sometimes hold guys back that I don't think are really ready. I seldom promote a guy before the rec though. Its really part of the decisions and strategy you need to set for your team.

Also most people would say 7 is too low for the OF, but I wouldn't be averse to putting him in LF if the rest of his build lined up (and he was a great hitter).
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He has a clearcut spot on the team, and despite the close to .500 ball (9-11) the Peppers have been playing lately, we are still 34-66 and dead last. So I am getting the back of the roster as much playing time as possible to see who sticks.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Think we are discussing Arriaga.

but if you know what you are doing, you can potentially do a better job.

Fair. We have also been told that players train optimally at their recommended level. Any time you see an "overmatched at this level" or "learned all he can at this level" the implication is that training rate is reduced (not zero; reduced).

What this means is that the only time you should be using your judgement is the AAA --> ML jump. You should definitely follow recommendations at other levels.

Given that your destiny this season seems to have already been decided, I would leave him down.

7 arm is less than ideal in the OF. But range is more important. Arriaga is quite serviceable as an OF.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
We have also been told that players train optimally at their recommended level.

My recollection is different. I remember being told that the AI recommendations are fuzzy and not always correct. And I remember being told that players train optimally at the correct level. Meaning if the recommendation is not correct, they won't be training optimally at that level.

But yes, its not a 1/0 thing. Its some sort of percentage. So maybe the guy is only training at 75% is optimal rate.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
And yes, it does say overmatched at the ML level. However the Peppers were in L6 last year, he had skipped AAA originally and nonetheless he performed fine at the plate for what time the previous owner had him there this year. 195 AB, .272 9 HR. As a left handed thrower, happy to add 1B to his list of playable positions while this putrid season comes to a close. The pitching is total trash.

Updated Friday, June 11 2021 @ 7:33:02 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well stunting growth is very different than performance. A player can be promoted too quickly, perform fine, but then never reach their full potential.

I'd recommend checking out the section of the manual that talks about Training and Experience.

Updated Friday, June 11 2021 @ 6:48:48 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |