Help

Forum >> Help >> Help! What does this phase from the manual mean?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
After several years of decline, skill levels will be highly attenuated and may even drop below the base skill level.

Attenuated per the dictionary means unnaturally thin.
How does that word choice apply to skill in broken bat?

Does it mean that as a player get up in years, (say 33+) his performance will fall short of that of young players of similar skill level? and that difference is solely because of age?

thus, discount skill levels of players in their 30s?
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball

Attenuated per the dictionary means unnaturally thin.
How does that word choice apply to skill in broken bat?

Does it mean that as a player get up in years, (say 33+) his performance will fall short of that of young players of similar skill level? and that difference is solely because of age?

thus, discount skill levels of players in their 30s?

No, I think what it means is that as a player gets older, their SI will depreciate to the point that it drops below the “minimums” for a player, because a baseball player can only hit but so badly, and run but so slow, so I think there are minimum attribute levels in the game.

If you keep a player for a long time past depreciation, the skill levels can fall below these minimum skill numbers, the Green Bay Lethargy had (and May still have) a player named Cohen who’s in his early 70s and has 0 SI. I think that’s what he means.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"Lefty" Cohen
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the "minimum" being referred to in that section is the player's initial SI. Otherwise I agree. It's just saying that aging can degrade the player's SI below their starting level.

Previous Page | Show All |