Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor player readiness   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
So I've got two guys (These two, to be exact), who for two full seasons have had an ETA for majors of the current season, yet keep getting pushed forward.

Is this because they're just not worth giving a shot, or what's the situation? Should I just try and give them a chance and see what happens?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Are you talking about the ETA on the Prospect Ranking page? That is pretty much meaningless. I wouldn't pay attention. In fact that whole page is mostly just for fun. I rarely ever look at it. There isn't any information on that page that I would use for making a game decision.

Both of those guys have less than a year in AAA. I would definitely keep them in AAA. They are progressing fine.

Updated Friday, April 2 2021 @ 9:27:04 am PDT
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the ETA is generally pretty worthless,

I have seen it get some right, like Davila, but Arnie North is supposedly gonna be ready by the end of the season and he’s not. And on one prospect, they whiffed by 2 whole seasons.

And being at 90 and 92 SI, they’ll be ready sometime during ‘50
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Because they were rushed
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a slightly different Q

Colby Williams is 20 yo, has 68 SI, and has spent 4 seasons in Rookie Ball. He hasn’t gained a SI this year. He still isn’t ready for A, and I don’t know whether I should just call him up or obey the computer.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players often gain SI very slowly until they turn 21 or 22 years old. I wouldn't be too concerned about the SI growth at this point. The AI managers don't always give the correct information for promotion. There is some fuzziness there on purpose. Rookie ball can be tough because its always hard to tell how prepared they are when they are coming in. Its possibly he just needs a lot of time in Rookie, but I think you probably made the right call pushing him to A at this point.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It appears that what I did was right, Williams no longer has a note saying that he’s a little overmatched :)

Previous Page | Show All |