Help

Forum >> Help >> Hit and Run   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What kind of player profile would you want for a decent chance at running a successful hit and run play? Bat control and speed? Any other considerations?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't care too much about speed, other than the guys hitting in front of him. BC for sure. Hitting as well. I mostly look at things like RISP though. How likely is the guy to actually make contact with a guy running. OBP is a little less valuable. I have a couple guys who draw walks like crazy, but are mediocre at making contact. You don't want guys like that trying to make contact in a pressure situation. A guy with high BC and low hitting may be more likely to just hit into a double play.

RISP is really the best indicator. Coupled with BC and Hitting.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Actually, mainly hitting. Bat control is probably helpful (which I haven’t really tested, admittedly) and speed probably helps with first-to-third or scoring from second, but in my experience it’s mainly just putting the ball in play that’s the most important thing.

I also did a quick-n’-dirty study of seven seasons worth of hit-and-run data from my games. I have very aggressive settings, my opponents probably had more conservative settings.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Putting the ball in play should correlate strongly with bat control, though, since that reduces strikeouts.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My best guess at this point is:

BC = Contact
Hitting = Placement

The manual calls out BC as being important, I think because its bad to wiff on a hit and run. But just putting the ball in play (BC) can also mean you are hitting into a double play if your Hitting (Placement) is poor.

Low BC correlated with Ks because you are wiffing. But high BC with low Hitting, could mean a lot of foul outs, flyballs, liners to the infield, etc. All bad things to do during a hit and run.

Updated Thursday, March 25 2021 @ 4:41:47 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its somewhat shocking that you hit .413 and your opponents hit .387 doing hit and runs. Hit and run should be a high risk/reward thing. It should really depress your batting average, not increase it... Suggests the engine my be bugged.

Previous Page | Show All |