Help

Forum >> Help >> Promoting from minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
How often does it matter when the scouts say a player "may have learned all he can at this level of competition"?

I ask because I have a couple of young pitchers who my scouts say should be done in the minors, but who I am not convinced are ready yet. No. 1 and 2 for reference.

I've had both of them up in the majors for some of this season and had some mixed results, but they're currently back in the minors, mostly because my manager keeps subbing them in at key moments instead of the much better, more experienced relievers I have ahead of them. I have had them at MR2 and SET2 for most of the season but they keep getting picked ahead of the main guy for each position, so now they're in the minors. Just a shame, because I feel like they might be promising going ahead and I do not know if they get enough practice in AAA, but currently they cost me too many games.

Updated Sunday, March 14 2021 @ 4:44:57 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I frequently leave guys down how have that tag and they continue to develop in AAA. I wouldn't do it with a guy who is 27, or after he's been in AAA for 3+ years. But anyone else should be fine with a little extra time in the minors.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll probably leave them down for a bit longer... At least until they're stable enough for my manager to sub them in without everything falling apart.

My experienced guys are quite capable of that already.

Previous Page | Show All |