Help

Forum >> Help >> Managers in General   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i remember few years ago we got an update about managers. Would some1 please sum up how the managers work becouse most of them look like skill set of 10-10-10-10 and i don't understand anything about that.

I mean, does it mean that those are unrealiable skills and once he has been managing for some time the skills will set to the real value?
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So, nowadays, every manager begins at all 10s. Say you want a manager, find an all 10a guy, look at him and here is his scouting report.

“ He is below average at managing hitters. He is above average at coaching defense. He is above average at handling pitchers. He is a poor teacher of the game. He is a poor fielding teacher. He is a poor pitching teacher.”

So, there are plenty of hidden attributes, but judging from the scouting report, you can make some assumptions. Here is a rough interpretation of what this guy will be (this is an actual manager who is available) based on his scouting report.

Offense: ≈6 (the squiggly equal sign means approx.)
Defense: ≈13
Pitching: ≈13
Player Dev.: ≈5
Pitcher Dev: ≈5
Fielding Dev: ≈5

So, yes, they have hidden attributes, but the scouting reports give you a good sense of what they’ll be.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I mean, does it mean that those are unrealiable skills and once he has been managing for some time the skills will set to the real value?

Yes. Gotta go by scouting reports. I think it's 5 years(?) before the values are fully revealed.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, it’s a hot second before you know for real, but scouting reports help a lot.

Sadly, most of the managers are horse*beep*.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys, that helped a lot

Previous Page | Show All |