Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Gophy2611

Canton Tornados
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a six man rotation from Interleague play. I want to sit a guy down and go to a 5-man rotation but choosing which guy is tough. I also cant throw any of the non starters with high SI in there as they have struggled in starting roles (see Lambert and Roberts). Thoughts on what to do?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd either sit whoever is cold, or look at your opponents stats versus L/R. Then you can sit the pitcher with the less advantage. You might also consider the ball park. Arroyo gives up the most HRs, so better to rest him when playing in a small park. In a large park, the high GB guys might not do as well. So you could consider resting Sepúlveda or Hidalgo depending on the handedness advantage.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, what’s a bad (or good) HR rate] for Broken Bat pitchers? I will prolly need to make some cuts sooner or later, but only one guy has 20+ HRA (De Smet, who’s my ace), and everyone else came in to the team mid-to-late season.
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From what I have seen before here on the forums 10IP per homerun is the standard I think most use. Not saying it is the correct answer just what I remember reading.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
All right, thanks!
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking at the Pratville stats and De Smet has a bit more HR than you would like, but his overall effectiveness is good enough to keep, IMO. Solis is maybe your Ace, though, his numbers are pretty good, despite the lack of velo.

Also...Holy Moly you turn your roster over at an alarming rate. I've never seen a single season stat page so long before.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha, we are a confused team, wandering around the wilderness. Lol.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
De Smet and Solis are the only guys who have survived the turnover. They are the ones I need.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
10IP per homerun is a good target, but make sure to look at the pitcher as a whole. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater just because a guy was 9IP per homerun, but something like 5IP per homerun is pretty damaging.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha, yeah, I’ve been somewhat subjective, my boy De Smet has a sub-4 ERA but allows 9 IP/HR. Oh, did I mention he is in his prime at 124 SI? My bad.

Previous Page | Show All |