Help

Forum >> Help >> 3B range   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m with Rock. I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to drop him in at the hot corner.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Counterpoint: Markham's not rangey enough at third for the Cows. He'd never make the cut down in Tennessee. But he looks really nice at first.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So is the implication that 3B contributes more to the aggregate Range of a team then 1B?
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So is the implication that 3B contributes more to the aggregate Range of a team then 1B?
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Great question! My hunch is yes.
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Since we're talking about this, are you guys sure 2b contributes more to range than 3b? or would that depend on whether your facing Lefties or righties?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think everyone just has theories (no one is sure about anything). In real life, the center of the field guys have the most area to cover. So it follows that SS, 2B, and CF would probably contribute the most to Range, IF it is indeed weighted. I believe/hope that it is weighted.

3B vs 1B is a little more iffy. In real life there are more right handed hitters. So defense/range would be more important at 3B. But in the game we have a LOT of lefties. Is the weighting based on the batters handedness? Its possible. I think most of us are hedging that range at 3B is more valuable than 1B still, but there are obviously differences in opinion about how much. Hurstdm is definitely betting more on 3B than I am.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Halflings beat us in the Cup. Better listen to them.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Moo Cows are in Legends, so you should listen to them ;)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He'd be a 3B in Boulder, but no issues at 1B either - one of those guys where both answers are right.

I try not to overthink the range thing - it probably works against me, but I ignore the aggregate thing and play those who I think are best for the position.

Previous Page | Show All |