Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Draft Statistics   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
todd

Wellington Phoenix
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How indicative of future performance are the statistics of players in the draft? When I consider the statistics of two 18 year old pitchers in the draft, one with a 4.50 ERA and the other with a 6.50 ERA, will the lower ERA player be more likely to be the better player? In the future?

Updated Friday, November 27 2020 @ 7:21:12 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I mostly check them to see if they match the scouting report. If a Great Hitter hit's .220 in his Sr year of HS, that's a red flag. If I'm picking between two Great Hitters, that might be the deciding factor.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I read statistics on Draft Board carefully. You only get 1 chance to see stats Amateur/Overseas. On draft day I read statistics on every player on my board ??IF?? A player has great statistics but low Skills/Potential I considered him if he has good reported scouting like very good hitting or exceptional slider. I look at games played and hits 40GP/45Hits I,ll take him. Or for pitchers "Holds" per games appeared and saved the more better he is in clutch. Innings/hits also want a player with higher innings lower hits allowed.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Like everything else in the game, there's probably a fair amount of fuzziness. However, I think there's a decent chance that the 6.50 ERA pitcher has something holding him back which may well persist into a potential major league career.
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'm most interested in his scouting comments and POT, but if he has bad stats, it's often a deal breaker for me.

With 2 similar players, the one with better stats gets the nod.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In the first round I passed up a "power" hitter with a GB/FB ~2.00 over two seasons in highschool. Granted I like the guy I drafted, but if the "Very Good hitter, Prolific slugger" had a GB/FB closer to 1.00 I would have drafted him.

Now, the guy I picked has a 2.447 WHIP over two seasons in highschool. So not great stats. But tendency stats like vLHP, GB/FB, or SB carry more weight in my book. I just hope Cecil overcomes his habit of pitching meatballs... In highschool he gave up 2 hits per inning!

Updated Friday, November 27 2020 @ 4:52:13 pm PST
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I include amateur stats in my determination, but don't forget to consider sample size. It sucks when there's a guy you're not sure about on POT/scouting report and they have like 10 amateur at bats or 3 amateur IP.

Previous Page | Show All |